- Bihar Cricket Association (BCA) secretary Aditya Verma alleged that MS Dhoni’s resignation as captain of India’s ODI and T20 teams “was not spontaneous but under pressure.”
- Verma claims BCCI joint secretary Amitabh Choudhary had pressurized Dhoni about his “future cricketing plans” through chief selector MSK Prasad on January 4.
- The whole episode left Dhoni hurt, prompting him to resign the same day.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni steps down as ODI, T20 captain
04 Jan 2017
- Former Indian test captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has stepped down as the captain of the One Day International and T20 team.
- He took over the captaincy of T20 team in 2007 during the first World T20 in South Africa and was eventually appointed as the ODI captain in September 2007.
- He will however be available for the upcoming England series.